Can Chewing Kratom Help You Fight Stress?: Kratom is becoming increasingly famous in the West for its ability to provide relief from chronic pain and anxiety. Like many other herbal remedies worldwide, one can use them for thousands of years in Asia. But how does it work?
How can kratom help deal with stress? This article discusses how kratom may have a beneficial effect on stress and anxiety levels. You must not trust any company that has a kratom sold here. You must choose only reputed companies.
What is Kratom?
Kratom, also called Mitragyna speciosa, is a plant found in Southeast Asia and Central America whose leaves can be chewed, made into tea, or put into capsules. It has been used traditionally in Thailand to fight fatigue, increase energy and relieve pain. Kratom relieves anxiety and improves mood and social behavior.
Kratom has many benefits for those seeking to get rid of the pain. People who use kratom are not likely to use prescription drugs due to their side effects.
- The New York Times reported that the plant contains alkaloids, including mitragynine and 7-hydroxy mitragynine.
- Scientists have not entirely figured out how these compounds affect the body, but they are known to promote feelings of well-being, reduce fatigue and increase energy levels.
- The alkaloids in kratom are similar to opiates, although they do not have the same effects on people’s bodies as opiates do.
- Kratom can help people wean themselves off opiates if they are addicted.
- Kratom is a powerful opioid, similar to morphine; however, it doesn’t have the same withdrawal symptoms as traditional opioids such as heroin or Oxycontin. Because of this, many kratom users become addicted.
- Unlike conventional opioid users, they do not eventually develop tolerance (when the body becomes used to the substance and requires higher doses for the same effect).
Is kratom effective for stress relief?
Kratom also has several other benefits as far as stress and anxiety are concerned. We will highlight a few of these, including the following:
- Anxiolytic – Relieves Anxiety
Kratom is an anxiolytic, which means that it will help to relieve anxiety, at least for some people. There are various studies conducted on the effects of kratom on pressure. These studies have shown that kratom may be as effective as some western medications, without the side effects.
- Antidepressant – Relieves Depression
Kratom is also known to relieve symptoms of depression and make people feel more upbeat about their lives. When it comes to treating depression, this herb has a far better success rate than many pharmaceutical drugs.
- Mood Stabilizer – Good for Emotional Stability and General Wellbeing
As kratom is an anxiolytic, you may experience a sense of emotional stability and general well-being. Many people use kratom as a mood stabilizer, helping them stay strong during stressful times.
- Mood Enhancer – Increases Positive Emotions
The effect of kratom on mood is experienced through its use as a mood stabilizer and from the positive emotions that it can make people feel. In this way, you can use it as a natural antidepressant.
Science of Stress relief with kratom
Every day more and more people discover the magic of kratom. Studies have shown that it can be used as a powerful supplement to help relieve stress, depression, anxiety, and pain, in addition to. Kratom can be added to water or tea, consumed as a stimulant or pain reliever, or snacked on raw like gummy bears (or leaves!).
The active compounds in kratom bind to opioid receptors, tricking the brain into thinking it is receiving an opiate, providing the same pain-relieving or euphoric effects. The compound mitragynine (MG) is the most powerful at binding to these receptors. It has 7-hydroxy mitragynine and paynantheine, which are less potent than MG, yet still very effective. As with most natural remedies, a combination of compounds is necessary to achieve optimum results.
In moderate doses, Mg produces stimulant effects that can boost energy, alertness, and focus. The caffeine-like effects last for up to 8 hours! It is also an appetite stimulant, and one can use it as a mild replacement for coffee. In higher amounts, Mg may give rise to sedation and relaxation. It may also aid in improving sleep quality and possibly related mood issues.
7-hydroxy mitragynine produces feelings of relaxation and pain relief in low to moderate doses and enhances the opioid receptor’s nervous system stimulation. Unlike other opiates, it doesn’t have the intense euphoric effects of heroin or morphine, which many users are trying to achieve with this herb. Also, unlike other opiates, it does not cause respiratory depression.
The kratom active ingredients, mitragynine, and 7-hydroxy mitragynine may affect specific systems in the body. It plays a role in both physical and psychological dependence. When taken in proper dosages, kratom does not lead to physical dependence and withdrawal symptoms. However, when abused by, taking extremely high doses and using it over more extended periods can lead to physical dependence and addiction.