PDFs are an important part of modern life. They’re used for everything from legal documents to grocery lists and everything in between. But sometimes you need more than just the words on a page—sometimes you want to access images within them, extract PDF pages, and more. Luckily, there are plenty of ways to convert PDFs into JPGs that don’t require you to pay money or download any special software. Here’s how:
Select the PDF file you want to convert
- Open the PDF file yo want to convert. To do this, right-click on the file and select “Open With” or go to the menu bar and select File > Open with.
- Click “Convert”. If you selected multiple PDF files, they would be converted one at a time in order of selection, beginning with the first file selected.
Choose the format you want to convert your file into
Choose the format you want to convert your file into. In this case, you will convert it into JPG.
Next, choose whether or not you want to keep all of the pages of your PDF intact. If so, select “All Pages”. If not, select “Selected Pages” and then click Next.
Convert and download your new images, individually or in one zip file
- Click the download button.
- You will be presented with a drop-down menu of different options to choose from, including JPG format and others like TIFF and PNG. You can select the JPG format for this tutorial, but you can choose whichever format you want (if it wasn’t already selected).
- Choose whether or not you want to download the files individually or in one zip file. This depends on how many images are in your PDF document — if there is only one image, then no need to worry about downloading them all at once!
For enhanced security, get an encrypted link
For enhanced security, get an encrypted link to send to the recipients of your choice.
- Go to the protected file and select Encryption from the menu option.
- Enter a password for your file.
Download the files, individually or in one zip file.
Download the files individually or in one zip file. For example, if you use an online PDF-to-JPG conversion tool and want to save your files for future use, downloading them individually will save you time since you won’t have to re-download them later if they get deleted by accident.
If you don’t know how to download the files, here’s how:
- Click on the “Download” button. This button is usually located at the bottom of your screen. If there isn’t such a button, search for it using your browser; it might be placed in a different location than usual, depending on what website you are using at the moment (for example, Google Docs).
Once you’ve converted your PDF to JPG format, it’s easy to share with others. As per the experts at Adobe Acrobat, “You can email the file to whomever you want or download and zip it up.” If you have more than one page in your PDF, it is recommended that you zip all of them together into one file for convenience and efficiency.