100W Solar panels are very popular among people. It is a kind of device which is used for absorbing the sun rays and eventually it converts the sun rays into electricity or heat. Solar panels have a collection of photovoltaic cells which helps in the conversion of sun rays into electricity or heat. The solar panels are mostly made up of crystalline Silicon solar cells.
To attain sustainable development for future generation, using solar panels can be a step towards the same as it is a renewable source of energy. Solar panels also create a reduction in the expensive electricity bills that one has to bear. In some States installing solar panels in your home will help you to get a certain return when you file your income tax.
Solar panels are available in various sizes in the market. For people who want to use solar panels to charge their mobile phones or any small electronic devices, a 50 Watt solar panel will be enough for them.
People who are likely to install solar panels on their roofs are advised to install at least a 300-watt solar panel. A 100W solar panel can charge various electronic devices and can also run for a long period of time, however at the same time it will not be as powerful as a 300-watt solar panel.
Let’s see through this article some of the best 100-watt solar panels available in the market today, 100W solar panel specifications, utility, etc.
Specifications of 100W solar panel
Before buying any 100W solar panels the main specifications that one should always observe are:
- The weight of the solar panel
- The dimensions of the solar panel
- The cell type of the solar panel
- The maximum power does a solar panel can provide
- The maximum power voltage that a solar panel can provide
- The maximum power current that is solar panel can provide
- The maximum system voltage that a solar panel can provide
- Lastly, the warranty guaranteed by the 100-watt solar panel
- The very important accessory of a solar panel is the batteries that are required to run a solar panel. Batteries are required so that the solar panels can store and capture the power which is produced from the sun’s rays. There is not a definite limit on how many batteries a 100W solar panel should need. However, it is stated that a 100-watt solar panel will require a battery as it is required to power appliances. This means the more appliances a 100W solar panel would be required to power, the more battery it will need.
- In solar panels where there is a requirement for a battery, a charge controller is a must. A charge controller helps in preventing the battery from overcharging. The size of the charge controller would be the wattage of the Solar Panel divided by the voltage of the battery plus 25%. This means a 100W solar and for example, 12V battery will require a charge controller of a size of 100/12+25% which is equal to 12A.
- Another important accessory of a solar panel is an inverter. An importer converts DC to AC. The inverter is essential because in today’s world most appliances work on AC. One has to determine the size of an inverter depending upon the number of appliances that they want to run and how much voltage they want to use. However, do not buy an inverter that provides exact wattage rather always add at least 50% extra to the total watts and determine the size of the inverter in that regard.
- Another very crucial accessory of an inverter is the electric wires. Without electric wires, the purpose of the solar panel is almost negligible. To the electric wires, the current is carried. In large diameter wires, there will be less resistance to flow. In shorter wires, there will be better flow irrespective of the fact that the diameter is large or not. For 100-watt solar panels, it is advised not to have wires which are too long.
- Installing and connection of the solar panel should be done properly. For a 100W solar panel, the method is the same just like any other solar panel, one has to measure the room where it is required to be installed and the specifications of the solar panel, and then according to the process, the solar panel has to be installed.
100W solar panel available on the market
- Lion Energy 100-Watt Solar Panel
The weight of the solar panel is around 20lb with Dimensions Fold size is equal to 26.5 x 20 x 2 inches and whereas Dimensions Open: 26.5 x 40 x 1 inches. The type of cell used in the solar panel is Monocrystalline which has a maximum power of 100W with maximum voltage power is 18V. The average output current is 6A @ 12V DC. this solar panel comes with Warranty of 1 Year
- 100 Watt 12V Monocrystalline Solar Panel All-Black
The weight of the solar panel is around 15lb with dimensions of 45.5 x 20.5 x 1.4 inches. Monocrystalline is a type of cell used in solar panels which provides maximum power is 100W whereas maximum power voltage is 18.4V and maximum power current is 5.43A. The maximum system voltage is 1000V DC. This solar panel comes with a warranty of 25 years and almost 80% power output with materials and workmanship around 5 years.
- Renogy 100 Watt 12 Volt Solar Suitcase
The weight of renogy 100 watt 12 volt solar suitcase is 26.6lb with dimensions of 19.9 x 27.2 x 2.8 inches. The cell type used is Monocrystalline. The maximum power produced is 100W whereas maximum power voltage is 18V and maximum power current is 5.56A. This product comes with a 25-year and 3-year warranty on materials and workmanship.
- Inergy Linx 100-Watt Solar Panel Suitcase
This product weighs around 8lb. The dimensions of the solar panel is 26 x 40 x 0.75 inches. The cell type used is Monocrystalline. The maximum power is 100W whereas maximum power voltage is 17.6V and maximum power current is 5.68A.
Before buying a 100W solar panel, one has to consider the specifications including the functional specifications also.