Do you or any of your loved ones need help to get rid of drug addiction?
Well, this decision of yours is genuinely appreciable.
Acceptance is the first step towards withdrawal or detoxification. This scariest phase
of getting addicted to any kind of substance leads to severe health effects, such as
the inability to control the consumption of drugs or medicines such as alcohol,
marijuana, and nicotine. If an addicted person tries to stop the usage of a particular
drug, then withdrawal symptoms are common. Therefore, to deal with these
withdrawal symptoms positively, you’ll need the help of experts.
What is detoxification, and how do experts implement it?
It is the process of detoxifying the body from substances like drugs or alcohol and
making an addict physically and mentally well enough—this organized treatment
program by experts to overcome drug addiction.
Steps for detoxifying
The very first step of evaluation is performed to assess the condition and determine
the type of treatment an addict requires. Proper blood tests and other screening
tests are performed to analyze the current needs to evaluate whether medical or
non-medical detox is suitable for an addict.
Experts at the rehab center assist in the process of medical and psychological
services to patients to attain a drug-free state. A significant role played by the rehab
center is to offer emotional well-being to a patient, his family, and friends to prevent
complications in the treatment and reduce withdrawal symptoms.
Entry into Treatment
It is the final step to complete the treatment program. In this, the rehab professionals
discuss the treatment process with the patient to successfully recover them from the
a trap of drug addiction.
What are the withdrawal symptoms and benefits of withdrawal management?
Before you learn about the withdrawal management program and its benefits, it is vital to understand the withdrawal symptoms clearly. Have a look at the common physical withdrawal symptoms:
- Sweating and chills.
- Stomach and digestion problems (e.g., abdominal cramping, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea)
- Loss of appetite.
- Muscle cramps
- Disturbing sleeping patterns (insomnia) and fatigue.
- Rapid heart rate
On the other hand, there are some psychological withdrawal symptoms:
- Mood changes or mood swings.
- Feeling unsettled or unstable.
- Intense feelings of sadness or fear
- Inability to feel pleasure.
- Lack of focus and thinking clearly
- Poor concentration.
Withdrawal management programs help recover an addict physically and mentally from a range of substances. Let’s have a look at the impressive benefits of undergoing detoxification under the guidance of professional medical care:
- Kickstart addiction treatment: For the successful treatment of patients, the first step is to supervise their bodies (physical and mental illness) to take further necessary steps for drug detox. Healthcare experts keep an eye on every symptom and activity of the patients to counsel them at every step to regain their health and good life.
- Enhance safety: For a safe detox treatment in withdrawal management, medical supervision under experts is provided.
- Aftercare Services: Initial days of withdrawal are often the most challenging as the patient craves a substance. However, with the help of healthcare professionals, these cravings and symptoms are tackled quickly. And aftercare treatment services are also provided to avoid the chances of relapse.
- Ease discomfort: Recovering from the addiction may lead to pain in the brain and body of the person. With the help of the WM program, this discomfort is reduced by the experts as proper support and safety are provided to patients.
Seeking services in California
In California, for drug detox services, you can take the best benefits of California drug Detox. With the help of their professionals, your journey of detox is smooth and safe. They use the right approach for an individual by analyzing the symptoms, activities, and physical and mental illness in this challenging part of recovery.
- How Long Does It Take to Detox?
It depends on the overall health of the individual and the type of substance they have been using. For example:
- Alcohol: Four to five days
- Opioids: Four to ten days
- Methamphetamines: Two to three weeks
- Benzodiazepines: Two weeks to several months
- Why are after-detox services necessary?
After-detox services, counseling sessions, or group therapy meetings are organized to help the patients in full recovery. Therefore, to avoid relapse and to get a lasting recovery, leading a drug-free life through this after-detox program is the actual aim of the rehab healthcare center.
To help you and your loved ones come out of the trap of drug addiction, you can always trust the experts in this field. These days, there are numerous luxury rehab centers to offer beneficial and lasting recovery. All you need to do is take a step to stop this addiction of yours and consult the doctor.