A Walking School Bus or Bicycle Train consists of a group of children walking or cycling to school with one or more adults. It can be informally planned when two or three families take turns walking or cycling with their children to school or it might be a more formally developed and organized program with specific stops, specific participants and volunteer Walking School Bus or Bicycle Train leaders.
The following Walking School Bus and Bicycle Train sections will help to inform your family, your neighbourhood or your school community as you develop plans to introduce a Walking School Bus or Bicycle Train.
- What is a Walking School Bus/BicycleTrain
- Why Organize a Walking School Bus or Bicycle Train
- Traffic Safety Considerations
- How to Organize a Walking School Bus
- How to Organize a Bicycle Train
- Walking School Bus/Bicycle Train Communication Tools
- US – Safe Routes to School – Walking School Bus Resource